Our client has become one of Japan’s largest and most successful developers and owners of large scale solar farms across the country. As a result of this overwhelming success, they would like to venture into the new emerging growth space of Offshore Wind. And as such, they want to be one of the first market movers to develop major offshore wind projects around Japan in the months and years to come.
In order to achieve this, we need to bring on an experienced and accomplished Offshore Wind Project Manager or Senior Engineer, who has been exposed significantly to this arena.
What will the Project Manager for Offshore Wind be expected to do?
• Work with the Engineering team whilst reporting to the Engineering Head.
• Support the Finance team in assessing the cost of new technologies using analytical tools.
• Understand the Offshore wind farm layout design and optimization using analytical software.
• Manage external technical consultants to assess wind resources and create energy yield analysis reports.
• Oversee installation of the projects and manage data from site measurement stations.
• Write RFQs for offshore wind farm system components and review quotes and invoices from suppliers and contractors.
• Negotiate PR guarantees with EPC contractors.
• Undertake necessary O&M and asset management support.
• Assist in wind turbine selection and quality assurance and control of offshore wind farm system components including QA/QC of wind turbines during manufacture and delivery.
• Support construction team to resolve technical and quality issues and review root cause analysis reports.
• Optimize performance of operational offshore wind farms through performance analytics.