The Project Developer will be responsible for managing and developing strong, positive relationships with national and local government, fisheries associations and other sea users who might be impacted by the offshore wind development project(s).
• Responsible for developing and implementing a stakeholder engagement strategy for offshore wind development project(s) in Japan.
• Act as the primary point of contact for key stakeholders including but not limited to government at various levels from national to local, fisheries association members and management, as well as any other sea users who might be impacted by the project.
• Ensure all licenses, consents and permissions that require stakeholder approval for activities relating to the project are secured in good time and in line with the project development schedule.
• Maintain in Japanese and English a record of all stakeholder engagement including meeting notes, presentations and other records as required.
• Maintain strong and positive relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the smooth progress of project development.
• Develop and negotiate community contribution plan for local stakeholders that will be impacted by the project.
• Maintain an overview of all national and local policy decisions and communications that might impact the project.
• Represent the company at a wider array of meetings, workshops, conferences, and other relevant local stakeholder events.
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
• Degree level qualification in a relevant subject
• Native Japanese speaker and fluent English
• Experience with large scale power infrastructure projects and stakeholder management
• Experience in the wind or other renewable energy industry is a plus.
• 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure/power project development and project management.
Salary: ¥10,000,000 – ¥15,000,000 per annum