Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop innovative sustainable solutions to challenging technical problems? You would be joining our Offshore Structures Team. This exciting team of experts support the entire offshore wind business within the business. We work to build a renewable energy future and as a team to set the standard amongst our peers. We invite you to bring your experience as an Offshore Geotechnical Engineer / Geophysicist into play as you help to deliver our offshore projects.
Are you our new colleague?
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
With a wide range of opportunities available you may be required to support the following activities:
- Deliver all technical aspects relating to the offshore geotechnical and geophysical data for our offshore wind power projects.
- Develop and manage project specific ground models and project georisk registers.
- The development and continuous improvement of offshore geotechnical survey design, specification, technical tender assessment and acquired data collation & review.
- Management of contractors to ensure our surveys deliver high levels of quality and accuracy.
- Ensure that all lessons learned from our operating fleet are incorporated into future projects.
- Provide technical support to Procurement, Quality, and HSSE departments
- Be firm’s technical expert on ground breaking joint industry and research projects
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external design consultancies to produce cost effective and value-added solutions.
You will be a key part of the geo and site characterisation team, and have an extensive remit, working across our portfolio of wind farms at all stages, from early site prospecting to post construction survey.
Essential skill requirements:
- MSc or equivalent in Engineering Geology / Geotechnical Engineering or in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven background in relevant prior roles, preferably in both contractor and client organisations.
- High regard and good knowledge of current health, safety and environmental legislation.
- Understanding of Industry Technical Codes, Process and Regulations.
- Demonstrable competency in working within multi-discipline teams including civil/structural engineers, installation experts, environmental experts and offshore representatives with a high level of communication skills at all levels.
- Willingness to travel within the Japan and internationally
- Good communicator and excellent team player
- Fluent spoken and written Japanese, Business English
- Familiarity with specialist software such as IHS Kingdom and with interfacing with complimentary systems such as GIS.
- Understanding of survey requirements for pUXO, archaeological, environmental engineering and hydrographic requirements.
- Interpretation experience with key geophysical datasets including sub bottom profiler and UHRseismic, side scan sonar, multibeam echosounder, magnetometer and gradiometer datasets
- Familiarity with integration of geotechnical data.
- Familiarity with specialist software such as GINT and with interfacing with complimentary systems such as GIS.
- Appreciation of laboratory techniques and specification and the use and derivation of soil parameters for engineering purposes.
- Familiarity with pile drivability, jack up leg penetrations and cable installation techniques
- Proven experience supporting offshore renewable construction projects.
- The drive and motivation to meet time, cost and quality targets.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively in an international business.
- Familiarity with current and novel geophysical and geotechnical data acquisition techniques.
Salary: ¥9,000,000 – ¥11,000,000 per annum