You initiate and organize environmental processes in the development and construction of renewable energy project. It is a full-time senior position for a manager who is highly familiar with the world of wind energy or has extensive experience in an international work environment and would like to further develop in the international activities of IX Renewables. This position requires location in or relocation to Japan. Are you the experienced Project Manager we need? Then read what we have to offer and apply now!
The IX Renewables group consists of among others IX Wind, IX Solar, IX Zon and AGIX Renewables. IX Wind provides management, consultancy and engineering services to investors and developers in the field of wind energy. It focuses on the cutting edge of technical, financial and legal aspects. We operate in the Netherlands, Europe and Asia Pacific. HQ are in Leiden (The Netherlands), while there are branch offices in Tokyo (Japan), Taipei (Taiwan) and Hengelo (The Netherlands).
Our new (Offshore Wind) Project Manager will be part of a Dutch company that has an increasing global impact on a sustainable society. With a flat hierarchy and development opportunities for all our employees, and value the balance between work and life.
Like the rest of our team, you should enjoy working in a dynamic, international team. As a person, you have a structured, analytical, and critical approach to your work. You are self-driven, easy-going, and enjoy interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels.
The Position and Responsibilities
The (Offshore Wind) Project Manager is responsible for the business and technical strategy for offshore wind projects in Japan. Primary responsibility is to define and implement the strategy and be the main internal expert on all project management elements. The Project Manager will report to the Project Director.
- Contribute to projects within our global organization in general and Japan in particular.
- Contribute to creating an IX presence in Japan.
- Generate revenue by managing offshore wind projects, by:
o Ensuring clients are satisfied with our service;
o Managing project teams;
o Ensuring high quality results/reports/advice;
o Mange project administration and invoicing; and
o Realizing good margins on projects, on time and within budget.
We appreciate the right combination of personal as well as professional qualifications and would prefer the right candidate to bring the following skillsets to our team:
- Native Japanese person with good command of the English language.
- Resident in Japan or willing to relocate to Japan.
- Background in offshore wind or knowledge of the Japanese processes in an international work environment.
- Affinity with business strategy/development or highly experienced in the renewables industry.
- Project management – can take on a senior consultant role (Preferably in Renewables), e.g. package lead, and can support in setting up our internal organisation in Japan.
- Experience with western management approaches.
- Spent time working overseas.
- Nice to have – background in offshore wind, with certain specific knowledge, for example:
- government offshore wind auction processes.
- permits process for offshore wind project in Japan, local procurement routes.
- familiar with local financing options and financing partners.
- specific knowledge on offshore wind farm foundations.
What you may expect from us
- An energetic and informal work environment.
- The opportunity to have real, global impact.
- IX family feeling – excellent working atmosphere with colleagues.
- An excellent base in terms of network and content you can build on.
- Process based and substantive guidance in your development.
- Market-based salary.
- Good bonus arrangements based on the predetermined personal and company targets.
- Flexibility and dynamics.
- A long-term employment relationship.
- Excellent secondary working conditions.
Ready to Apply?
Join the IX Renewables team! Please react via the button below or send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org attn Hanane Harmouch.