Arup is a global firm of designers, engineers, architects, planners, consultants and technical specialists with more than 14,000 people in 88 offices across 33 countries. The firm is the creative force behind many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable projects. Our Asia offices employ approximately 2,800 staff and are engaged in prestigious multi-disciplinary projects covering buildings, infrastructure, advisory services, planning and technical consulting areas. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion in all aspects including individual differences and open-mindedness. Currently we are looking for a capable and independent individual for the following position as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
Chartered Renewable Energy Specialist (Job Number: HON0000VQ)
We are currently looking for a dynamic and capable individual with a background in renewable energy within some experience of the transaction advisory service sector in Asia. The candidates shall possess an out-going personality with drive and ambition to effectively promote the firm’s global energy business offerings.
The successful candidate will be based in Hong Kong as a core member of our Energy Business. He/she will work closely with our Advisory team to provide technical and commercial support to the team which will include technical advisory, due diligence services and operational reviews, with a wide remit to pursue opportunities across the region for a wide portfolio of projects. Candidates should possess the following:
Background to the Role
The Arup East Asia energy business is run out of our Hong Kong office with regional support in various countries where we have developed a strong track record with significant potential to expand. The energy sector is experiencing rapid growth in the region and we are in need of a dedicated senior renewable energy specialist with capabilities in a variety of energy markets, including wind and solar. With significant funding allocated to the region for investment in renewables, the candidate should ideally have hands-on experience in working in a technical capacity alongside financial advisors and investors. The candidate will be expected to partner with our Transaction Advice business to create and help achieve financial close of projects through technical due diligence and lender’s advisory service roles.
- Relevant engineering degree holder or equivalent
- Over 5 years of post-qualification experience in the development and execution of energy projects, with a strong technical background
- Proven experience in client relationship management and business development with proven connections with regional lenders, utilities, IPPs & investment funds
- Professional membership of a recognised institution in the field of engineering is desirable but not essential
- A solid track record of delivering technical M&A and pre-lend due diligence studies for financial investors and/or banks, and a robust understanding of how technical risks can impact the commercial drivers of a deal
- Relevant and recent Technical Due Diligence carried out in the offshore wind, onshore wind and solar sectors would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team of technical specialists
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including Global Profit Share scheme, additional fringe benefits of maternity/paternity leave and long-term career development opportunities.
Personal date collected would be used for recruitment purpose only. Applicants not contacted within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more information, please contact:
Natalie Chui –Human Resources
+852 2528 3031