Taylor Hopkinson have been retained to search for and select a Geotechnical Manager to be responsible for providing geotechnical engineering advice for all offshore infrastructure including substation and turbine foundations, topsides, meteorological mast and cable laying for a major Offshore windfarm project which is currently in the development phase.
- Assist Engineering team in supporting the development, operations and commercial teams in the delivery of large scale offshore wind projects.
- Provide geotechnical engineering advice for all offshore infrastructure including substation and turbine foundations, topsides, meteorological mast and cable laying.
- Involved at all stages of project delivery including development, design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and monitoring.
- Collate technical specifications and assist in providing technical direction for geophysical/geotechnical investigations to obtain required soil data for the design.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of suitable technology and optimisation of solutions to achieve a safe and economical design.
- Review the interpretation of geophysical and geotechnical data and the specification of design parameters to integrate results into foundations design.
- Develop procedures and standards to optimise geotechnical design.
- Involved in technical bid reviews and tender evaluations for numerous survey, design and construction packages.
- Provide geotechnical support during ongoing maintenance contracts.
- Manage inspection and commissioning of structural/geotechnical aspects of all offshore plant.
- An academic background with a degree in civil/geotechnical or geological engineering.
- Chartered or working towards this status.
- Experience of foundation design and interpreting geological data in an offshore wind environment.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to re-locate to Tokyo.
For more information please email: email@example.com