Civil Engineer – Solar PV
Working location: Japan
Job Type: Permanent Position
A world leading Solar PV IPP is seeking a Civil Engineer to join their solar design team for the design and coordination of their solar energy projects. The ideal candidate should possess at least 7 years of working experience within the Renewable Energy industry with prior involvement in Solar, Wind or Biomass projects.
You will get to work with a company that excel at completing large, complex projects in a wide range of industries, a vibrant organisation that believes in integrity, value, and outstanding services,
embraces challenging projects and have exposure to the entire project management process and provide challenges to their staff through new experiences.
Key responsibilities of the Solar Civil Engineer role include:
- Assist in the total construction and design effort (if applicable) to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Supervises the correct handling and installation of all materials during receipt, loading to installation position and during installation
- Apply effective problem solving skills to civil site development challenges for solar projects and ensure compliance with customer and permitting requirements
- Act as a liaison to coordinate communication between both internal and external members on the project. Including, but not limited to, General Contractors, Subcontractors, Superintendents, and Foremen.
- Project configuration – Define components required for custom projects, including researching and defining local design criteria, structural design and calculation, and working with current inventory restrictions.
Requirements for the Solar Civil Engineer role include:
- Candidate must either have a degree in Civil Engineering and five years of site design experience, or seven years of experience with civil site design development experience.
- Advanced time management and planning being able to adapt and perform in fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with ability to review, compile and track project documentation
- English and Japanese speaking is required.
If you are keen to work with talented professionals with a dynamic top player company in the industry and have the chance to progress your career apply online or contact Sergio Riley at +65 3165 1447.